Saddam Hussein’s secretary, Abid Hamid Mahmud al-Tikriti, has been captured. He is the Ace of Diamonds in the most-wanted pack, and is as likely as anyone to know Saddam’s current whereabouts if he is still alive.
In what was apprently a separate action, American forces raided two farmhouses near Tikrit and took approximately 50 Iraqis into custody, along with money and jewels valued at over $10 million. The cash is believed to have been intended to pay bounties to killers of American soldiers.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell