The latest rumor, relayed by Hugh Hewitt on his show tonight, is that Arnold Schwarzenegger has decided to stay out of California’s recall election to take place this fall.
I’m not competent to judge whether this is a politically smart move or not. The general rule in politics is, any time there is an opportunity, take it–it may not come again. Maybe Arnold is concerned that the Democrats will unite behind a single candidate who will inevitably defeat an already-fragmented Republican field. One thing is clear: Arnold is like Byron’s tiger, who only springs once. When he makes his entrance into politics, he has to win. If he swings and misses, the mystique is gone and his career is toast.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell