Mona Charen on a lawsuit being prepared by a group of expatriate Egyptians against “all the Jews of the world” for the present value of “items stolen by the biblical Hebrews from the Egyptians during the Exodus from Egypt.” It’s not clear whether this debt is owed to all Egyptians, or just the descendants of the slave-owners from whom the biblical Hebrews presumably expropriated this bounty. In any case, the would-be plaintffs reckon the present value of the loot to be in the trillions of dollars, and that’s not even counting the value of the matzah.
HINDROCKET adds: Damn, this could be a bad precedent. If people start coming after me for the value of all the stuff my Viking ancestors stole, I’m ruined!
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Deja Vu All Over Again Edition
- The farce continues
- Booker on Kavanaugh: Delay and destroy
- Grassley responds to Ford's demands, sets new response deadline, and issues new ultimatum
- Report: Yet another "witness" fails to back Ford's story
- Team Ford asks Grassley for yet more time
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell