Danish soldiers in southern Iraq have found a cache of 30 to 40 120 mm mortar shells which contain an unidentified liquid: “Most were wrapped in plastic bags, and some were leaking,” General Mark Kinnett said.
The mortar shells are being evaluated to determine whether they contain chemicals. The prevailing assumption seems to be that they are left over from the Iran war in the mid 1980’s, in which case liberals will dismiss them as irrelevant to the “missing WMDs” issue. At a minimum, though, the find illustrates how easily a single discovery could cause the Democratic attacks on President Bush to collapse.
UPDATE: Preliminary tests suggest that the shells contain blister gas.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell