During the run-up to the Iraq war, we felt it was our duty to cover the rash of nude protests that broke out world-wide. Likewise when PETA and English fox hunters joined the nude protest craze, on opposite sides. Then, for a while, things died down.
But the nude protest, for better or worse, is back with a vengeance. In Berlin, students stripped to protest cuts in university funding. (I assume that in Germany, as here, a “cut” is a smaller-than-desired increase.) These protesters are to be commended for turning out in sub-freezing weather; on the other hand, most of them appear to be men, which sort of ruins the whole point.
Also, someone needs to talk to these guys about the black-shoes-and-socks-while-otherwise-nude look.
Then, of course, we have PETA. While I can’t approve of them, it’s hard not to admire their marketing savvy. They certainly know how to attract a crowd of photographers, as at this Valentine’s Day protest in front of the Louis Vuitton shop in Paris. (I don’t get the connection between Valentine’s Day and leather, either.)
A more revealing photo of the same protest, shot by one of the photographers in front of the PETA group, appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald.
BIG TRUNK asks: Did I prematurely make my selection for the winner in the category of “today’s good news”?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell