Law professor Ronald Rotunda on why Justice Scalia made the correct decision in declining to disqualify himself from the Sierra Club’s case against his friend and (on one occasion) fellow duck hunting expedition member, Vice Preident Cheney. One of Rotunda’s arguments is this: “Judges do not divorce themselves from the world when they don their robes. They still are allowed to have friends, go on hunting trips, and live a life. . . .Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has given her name and presence to a lecture series cosponsored by the NOW Legal Defense and Education Fund, an organization that often argues women’s-rights issues before Justice Ginsburg. Should she disqualify herself from issues involving women’s rights?”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill