Finally, the convention staff has our internet connections up and running. I’ve felt like a fish out of water, being cut off from the internet. On the other hand, nothing significant has been happening, so it’s not as if I would have had anything to report anyway. The action won’t really start until tonight, when McCain and Giuliani speak.
In the meantime, for the curious, here is what Bloggers’ Corner looks like:
Former Mayor Koch came around and entertained us for a while. He is a delightful guy, and makes great sense when he talks about why he is supporting President Bush. Unfortunately, very few New Yorkers seem to be following his lead. Here is Hizzoner:
Tom Bevan of Real Clear Politics and I went looking for the convention floor. This turned out to be more of an expedition than I thought, partly because the security people we approached seemed to think it was a novel request to find a spot from which the floor can be seen. We got there eventually, and here is what the convention floor looks like when the action is just getting underway:
And I hope they’re keeping a close eye on these guys.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell