Mark Steyn submitted his regular column to the Telegraph, addressing the circumstances surrounding the beheading of Kenneth Bigley. The Telegraph, however, spiked the column and Steyn has posted the column at Steyn Online. Steyn speculates that the Telegraph “felt the column was a little heartless.” He knows his editors better than I do, but I suspect that Steyn’s evident contempt for Bigley might have been the least of it. In any event, don’t miss this one: “The quality of Mersey.” (Thanks to RealClearPolitics.)
UPDATE: See also Wretchard’s fine post “Only the lonely” at the Belmont Club.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell