NRO’s Kerry spot has more on the missing explosives story. NBC correspondent Jim Miklaszewski is apparently now spinning the story in a pro-Kerry direction, suggesting that it’s “not clear” that the troops that reached the Al QaQaa facility came “anywhere near” the bunkers that reportedly contained the HMX and RDX. However, Kerry Spot readers who were there as military personnel remember it differently, and one of them questions whether the NBC people themselves came “anywhere near” the search. If they did not, that would explain why it’s “not clear” to NBC whether the troops got near those bunkers.
If this is a dispute about how much searching went on, I think one would have to credit the troops over the reporters. One might also wonder why President Bush would be to blame if (contrary to what appears to be the case) the troops missed this or that bunker at the facililty.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell