The raw numbers for President Bush in Minnesota and Iowa are pretty bad. I have no idea whether they reflect a geographic bias against Bush, but if they don’t then Bush may really need to win both Florida and Ohio. That’s the bad news. The good news is that Bush looks good in Florida (see below). The situation in Ohio is less clear, but Kerry Spot thinks the news from there is encouraging. Michael Barone on Fox is more cautious, but thinks we may have a good idea within the next hour.
UPDATE: Florida is just about in the bag. Kerry’s lead in Iowa is only about 25,000 with 62 percent of the vote counted. Bush is 15,000 down in Wisconsin with about half the vote counted.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Deja Vu All Over Again Edition
- The farce continues
- Booker on Kavanaugh: Delay and destroy
- Grassley responds to Ford's demands, sets new response deadline, and issues new ultimatum
- Report: Yet another "witness" fails to back Ford's story
- Team Ford asks Grassley for yet more time
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell