Now that the election is over, politics can share the stage with subjects of greater intrinsic interest. Like beauty contests. The Miss World competition is heating up; the finals will be December 4. In the meantime, the contestants have assembled in China, and preliminary competitions are underway. Miss World Beach Beauty and Miss World Sports have been crowned. Miss USA, Nancy Randall, won Miss Beach Beauty; we wrote about her here. Photos of the beach contest are here. Miss Wales won Miss World Sports. Both women automatically earned a berth in the final round. Last year’s Miss Beach Beauty, Rosanna Davison, went on to win the Miss World title title. We covered her beach victory here.
The photos below show Miss USA in the beach competition and Miss Wales in the Sports competition, respectively. Click to enlarge:
This year’s Miss World contest will be decided by viewer voting, sort of like “American Idol.” You can vote here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell