Lucianne points out this interesting New York Observer story by Joe Hagan: “CBS News’ boss hired private eye to source memo.” Hagan takes at face value the panel report’s failure to conclude that the 60 Minutes memos were fakes; it helps if you’ve read the report, which Hagan clearly hasn’t. See also Hagan’s interview with Amy Goodman of the far-left Democracy Now radio program: “The CBS three won’t slink off.”
Even if Hagan had only read Power Line or Little Green Footballs, he would have realized that those documents can’t be reproduced on a typewriter and otherwise bear earmarks of fraud. Hagan seems to think the real story here is that Mary Mapes may have been wronged by CBS — taking journalistic cluelessness to a level previously unseen with this story.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill