Quin Hillyer of the Mobile (Ala.) Register says that Alabamans want to know why Bill Pryor is being filibustered in the Senate. Hillyer notes that Pryor enjoys near universal support in the state, including the support of newspapers that endorsed Al Gore and John Kerry, the Democrat that Pryor defeated for attorney general, and Alabama’s leading black politicians. He has earned this support in part by defending Democratic lawmakers against Republican lawsuits, defying the Republican governor who appointed him, and consistently enforcing liberal laws and court rulings that conflict with his personal predilections. Hillyer calls Pryor “a man of conscience even at his own political peril” and “a real-life Atticus Finch.”
So why are the Democrats filibustering Pryor? My guess — because he is a man of principle and because they hate Alabama.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell