The Washington Nationals (formerly the Montreal Expos) have just opened their season. Brad Wilkerson, the Nats lead-off batter, singled. That’s Washington’s first hit since 1971, when the Senators (second installment) left town for Texas. I still remember the first game of that incarnation of the Senators, back in 1961. A defeat at the hands of the White Sox with Dick Donovan pitching for Washington, if memory serves. Today, it’s Livan Hernandez on the mound.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell