Michael Barone’s column today deliberates over the prospects of the Bartleby (“I would prefer not to”) Democrats: “The perils of obstructionism.” In classic Barone style, the column moves from consideration of psephological data, to the decline of Old Media, to the emergence of New Media, to recent Republican legislative accomplishments, to the questionable viability of obstructionism as a platform. All I am able to add is the literary reference.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill