Hiawatha Bray, a member of the Newspaper Guild, of which Linda Foley is the President, has challenged Foley to either support or retract her charge that American soldiers are mass murderers of American and foreign journalists. He got a response from her, but it was, as he says, “extremely odd”: Foley wrote, “I am not going to discuss this with you on the eve of Memorial Day weekend.”
Foley got a round of applause from her media audience when she repeated the slander that cost Eason Jordan his job at CNN. Clearly, there are a lot of journalists who believe that our troops deliberately murder journalists; one can only assume that this belief colors their coverage of the Iraq war and other military actions. Isn’t it time to put up or shut up? If journalists like Jordan and Foley have evidence to back up their claims, let’s see it. If they don’t, let’s put this canard to rest once and for all. And stop applauding and lionizing people like Jordan and Foley who repeat it.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell