Daniel McKivergan in the Weekly Standard argues that John Kerry is becoming the new Al Gore. Actually, that claim may be unfair to Gore. To be sure, the latest Kerry’s latest anti-Bush tirade cited by McKivergan is Gore-like. But the former vice president had an excuse for becoming unhinged — unlike Kerry, he could reasonably believe that, at one or more levels, he had “won” the presidency. Moreover, Gore removed himself from consideration for the 2004 nomination even though one could have imagined him capturing it. Kerry remains interested in being nominated in 2008 even though it’s almost inconceivable that the Dems would select him.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell