While the Democrats celebrate holding on to two state houses, as well as the declining poll numbers of a president who won’t be running again, the Republicans are making steady progress in confirming a second conservative Supreme Court Justice who can be expected to serve 20 to 25 years. Judge Alito got good reviews today from two members of the gang of 14, Democrat Joe Lieberman and Repubican Susan Collins. Neither sounded in the mood for a filibuster.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell