The New York Observer carries a story that treats the reemergence of Al Gore, the movie “An Inconvenient Truth,” and Gore’s sermons on global warming as a serious political phenomenon: “Gore is bigger than ever!” The exclamation point in the headline lends proposition some kind of ironic detachment. The presence of Larry David’s real-life wife Laurie in paragraph two of the story (she’s the financier of the movie about Gore) adds to the impression of irony. But the thesis of the story seems to be that Gore is the presidential candidate of the MoveOn crowd and thus the leftist alternative (?) to Hillary.
The companion to the Observer’s Gore story is the New York Sun’s Hillary story: “Democrats worry over Clinton in 2008.” Perhaps the tensions on display here lay the groundwork for another Clinton/Gore ticket.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell