Echoes of 2004: Blog of the Week Or So Confederate Yankee just heard the ghost of Dan Rather on the radio in North Carolina, defending the accuracy of the 60 Minutes story on President Bush’s National Guard service as “absolutely true,” apparently including the infamous forged documents!
I’m afraid Hurricane Dan may have performed his last major service to the Republic in 2004; we could have used him this year. But maybe John Kerry was a good enough substitute.
The Yankee, Bob Owens, may have audio of Rather later in the day; if so, we’ll put it up.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell