Drudge is reporting that rape charges against the Duke lacrosse players will be dropped, but kidnapping and “sexual offense” charges will remain. No details yet.
How the DA hopes to get a conviction on those charges (or any others), given the history of the case and the accuser’s shredded credibility, is anyone’s guess. One might speculate that the prosecutor is trying to keep the case from collapsing altogether both for political reasons and out of concern about potential lawsuits by the wrongly accused students.
UPDATE: Here is the link.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- An Immigration Trifecta
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell