As I noted here, reality caught up with “reality based community” blogger Amanda Marcotte today when the Edwards campaign apparently dumped her as its blogger. Marcotte’s anti-Catholic snark proved to be the last straw. Keeping the reality based netrooters happy was important to the Edwards campaign, but apparently not as important as maintaining viability with voters who believe the teachings of the Catholic Church.
The netrooters have responded by attacking the McCain campaign and its blogger Patrick Hynes. But apparently the best substantive ammunition they’ve come up with is Hynes’ insistence that “America is a Christian nation.” To the reality based community that proposition places Hynes beyond the pale. But to the electorate at large, mired as it is in ordinary reality, the proposition will be considered incontrovertible in one or more descriptive senses.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill