The Iraqi Interior Ministry said today that the current head of al Qaeda in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, was wounded by Iraqi troops, and an aide was killed. One would think this likely means that al-Masri was captured, which would be a terrific thing, but the report doesn’t say that.
Caveat: so far, this report has not been confirmed.
Via Power Line News.
UPDATE: American officials are denying this report.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Senator Johnson's request
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell