The Left’s attack on Democratic Congressman Brian Baird, who had the temerity to visit Iraq and report that he saw signs of progress, has been much noted, as for example by Jeff Jacoby in today’s Boston Globe. The liberals’ attack on Baird has been carried to perhaps its most ludicrous extreme by MoveOn.org, which has has launched a television ad campaign against Baird. You can see their ad here.
In its press release announcing the anti-Baird campaign, MoveOn accused Baird of a “flip-flop” on Iraq, because he voted against the war in 2003. But, of course, it isn’t a “flip-flop” if the facts on the ground have changed. Nothing illustrates better the fact that for most on the left, being anti-war is a tautology that has nothing to do with the actual reality of what is happening in Iraq.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell