This week, Everton completed a deal to bring striker Yakubu from Middlesbrough to Goodison Park. Yakubu became Everton’s most expensive signing ever at nearly 12 million pounds but, quite apart from the urgent need to replenish our supply of forwards, the investment appeared to be a good one. With Thierry Henry having moved to Barcelona, no player in the Premier League has scored more goals than Yubuku over the past four seasons. The 24 year-old Nigerian even made one of my All Premier League squads.
Today in Everton’s away clash at Bolton, Yakubu has just scored in the eleventh minute.
UPDATE: Everton went on to win 2-1. Joleon Lescott scored the winner in the 89th minute. The win moves Everton into a tie for second place with Chelsea, though Chelsea has played one less match. Liverpool, 6-0 winners over Derby County, top the table.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Deja Vu All Over Again Edition
- The farce continues
- Booker on Kavanaugh: Delay and destroy
- Grassley responds to Ford's demands, sets new response deadline, and issues new ultimatum
- Report: Yet another "witness" fails to back Ford's story
- Team Ford asks Grassley for yet more time
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell