If you’re interested in betting on the Miss World pageant, that is. I sized up the field in this year’s competition here. The latest betting odds are here. There are a few surprises going into tomorrow night’s finale. The current betting favorite is Miss China; click to enlarge:
This isn’t too surprising, in that the contest is being held in China and Miss China won the Top Model competition last week. In second place, currently, is Miss Dominican Republic; no surprise there, since she won the Beach Beauty title. A real surprise, though, is the number three favorite, Miss Lithuania:
I totally don’t buy that one, but another surprise, Miss Latvia at number five, is more plausible. Plus, she’s a law student:
I predicted that this year would mark a continued resurgence among European pageant contenders; certainly a Baltic renaissance seems to be in progress. I won’t be able to live-blog the finale tomorrow night, but it will be televised everywhere.
To comment on this post, go here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- Simpson Tried to Deceive Congress On the Fusion GPS/Obama DOJ Connection
- An Immigration Trifecta
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell