Yale Law School has become a hotbed of activism against the United States military and the efforts of the United States to defend itself. I tried to tell one part of the story in the Standard column “JAGs not welcome.” When Ninth Circuit Judge Jay Bybee spoke at a Federalist Society debate on criminal law last night, he was met by the obligatory law school greeting committee for Bush administration officials involved in rendering legal advice on the detention of enemy combatants. The Yale Daily News tells last night’s installment of the story in “Law students protest Bybee torture memo.”
UPDATE: Protest organizer Darryl Li is the recipient of the Paul and Daisy Soros Foundation New American Fellowship. Li’s passionate defense of Columbia Professor Joseph Massad against charges of intimidation and professional misconduct was posted on Juan Cole’s site here.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Another errant anti-Trump hit piece from the Washington Post
- On the Left, It Is All Hysteria, All the Time
- The Week in Pictures: The Last Woke Force Returns Edition
- Senator Johnson's request
- Is Ridicule of Federal Judge Nominee Justified?
- Ken Starr's investigation and Robert Mueller's -- compare and contrast
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill