Fox News projects that Hillary Clinton and John McCain will win in California. McCain’s victory is the more meaningful of the two, as it makes him the prohibitive favorite for the Republican nomination, in my view. I still look forward to voting for Romney next week, however.
It was an interesting night for McCain. When all is said and done, I believe he will have won well fewer than half of the states decided on Super Tuesday. Huckabee basically swept the south and Romney the upper midwest and Rocky Mountain states.
But McCain won where it mattered, on the two coasts and in the big midwestern states of Illinois and Missouri.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Deja Vu All Over Again Edition
- The farce continues
- Booker on Kavanaugh: Delay and destroy
- Grassley responds to Ford's demands, sets new response deadline, and issues new ultimatum
- Report: Yet another "witness" fails to back Ford's story
- Team Ford asks Grassley for yet more time
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell