The New York Times has posted the long profile of Rush Limbaugh by Zev Chafets that is forthcoming in the Sunday Times Magazine. Chafets is a gifted journalist, but he goes off the rails with persistent inquiries about Sean Hannity. It’s a line of inquiry that does not merit the attention Chafets gives to it and that resulted in Rush giving up on Chafets after he had opened up his life to him.
I nevertheless enjoyed the profile. I particularly enjoyed the platform of a putative Limbaugh administration that Chafets extractd from Rush:
1. Open the continental shelf to drilling. Ditto the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.
2. Establish a 17 percent flat tax.
3. Privatize Social Security.
4. Give parents school vouchers to break the monopoly of public education.
5. Revoke Jimmy Carter’s passport while he is out of the country.
6. Abandon all government policies based on the hoax of man-made global warming.
To comment on this post go here.