One of our enterprising readers has figured out “the number” of the Web site on which the Obama administration announces stimulus projects. Our reader has pointed out one such project in our own back yard.
According to the Web site, Wisconsin’s Lakeside Foods is the recipient of $16.7 million in stimulus funds awarded by the Department of Agriculture for a project at Lakeside’s processing plant in Plainview, Minnesota. (Plainview is in Minnesota’s First Congressional District, represented by Democrat Tim Walz, and is the hometown of author Jon Hassler). The description of work/service performed is “canned pork.”
This is stimulus with a post-modern, self-referential kind of twist.
Via Howard Houston.
UPDATE: The Drudge Report links to Ag Secretary Vilsack’s pork defense.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Glenn Reynolds Asks a Good Question; Bob Mueller Won't Answer
- Strzok-Page texts show hatred of Trump by the two ex-Team Mueller members
- Female Trump accusers seek congressional hearing
- Jones Wins: Al Franken Hardest Hit
- A note to commenters (rated R)
- Strzok on prospect of a Trump presidency: "We can't take that risk"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill