Last Saturday, Brian Ward and I interviewed Terry Teachout on our radio show. We talked about his new biography of Louis Armstrong, titled Pops. It’s a terrific book, not just for jazz fans but for anyone interested in American history or human nature. Armstrong’s rise from nothing to international superstar will be of interest to pretty much everyone.
I thought the interview was as entertaining as any we’ve done over the years. You can go here to listen to or download the interview. Or you can click the play button below to listen to it.
If, like me, you’ve been too busy to finish up your Christmas shopping and plan to venture out tomorrow for a last gift or two, you can hardly do better than Pops.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- "Green" Energy Is Sinister
- The Washington Post Lies About a Conservative Journalist
- The Omar-Tlaib circus comes to town
- Liberal hypocrisy over Netanyahu's relationships with American presidents
- Trump "not happy" with Fox News because its polls show him losing
- Kamala Harris and Elizabeth Warren lie about the Michael Brown case
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell