NRO’s Jack Fowler responding to Larry Kudlow’s report that he is having dinner tomorrow with Linda McMahon, the wrestling tycoon who is poised to run as a Republican for Chris Dodd’s Senate seat:
Larry, I hope you have a great dinner with Linda McMahon. If Chief Jay Strongbow is there please try to grab an autograph for me, and make sure no one is hiding behind the curtains with a camera — you don’t want to find yourself part of some WWE soap opera. If there is a turnbuckle in the dining room, leave!
Now, elections are about tomorrow. But as a voter vetting candidates, you have to ask — what about yesterday? What is Linda McMahon’s political past? Well, according to the public record, she was BFF with Rahm Emanuel, and a healthy donor to Democrat causes and candidates. F’regsample:
* 2008 gave $2,300 to Mark Warner
* 2008 gave $2,300 to Rahm Emanuel
* 2007 gave $5,000 to the Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee
* 2007 gave $2,500 to the Dem “Our Common Values” PAC
* 2006 gave $5,000 to the Dem “Forward Together” PAC (husband Vince also game the $5k)
* 2005 and 2004 gave Emanuel a grand each year
* 2006 gave $10,000 to the DCCC
FYI, the McMahons’ 2006 PAC contributions were used to fund the campaigns of Conn. Democrats who knocked off incumbent Republican Congressmen Nancy Johnson and Rob Simmons. Thanks Linda!