I think it was Earl Warren who said that the news pages of a newspaper record man’s failures, while the sports pages record his achievements. I think that’s largely right, although one might add that the news pages especially reflect the failures of Warren’s liberals. But let’s not mix politics with baseball. The 2010 season is on, and already it has given us a great fielding gem by White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle. Here it is; Paul Konerko is the first baseman:
Most Read on Power Line
- How Does Ginsburg's Death Affect the Race?
- The Week in Pictures: Desperate Despacito Edition
- Steelers' star: I should have done more research before honoring drive-by shooter
- Inside the Free State of George Floyd
- From a Minneapolis Principal, a Cry From the Heart
- Quotations from Dementia Joe, cont'd
Donate to PL
Commenters who employ what we deem extreme vulgarity in a comment — “s***,” “f***,” “a*******,” or one of their many variants — will be banned without further notice.
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell