Barack Obama is an enthusiastic advocate for partial-birth abortion. Why? Because the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists supports it! As I wrote here and here, the key language in the report that Obama relied on was written not by a doctor–Obama blasted the Supreme Court and President Bush for not heeding the doctors at ACOG–but by Elena Kagan.
Is this incestuous, or what? Kagan, as one of President Clinton’s political operatives, co-wrote a report which was falsely presented to the American public and the federal courts as a pristine, purely scientific document, uncontaminated by any political influence. When the Supreme Court nevertheless refused to find a constitutional right to partial-birth abortion, Barack Obama attacked the Court’s majority for failing to heed the wisdom of “science.” Now he has appointed the very operative who subverted the scientific process to the Supreme Court, where she will no longer have to work behind the scenes. Nice.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell