Many Democrats are fuming over President Obama’s lack of political skill, as seen most recently in his bungled intervention in the Ground Zero Mosque debate. One consequence of Obama’s mis-step is that an astonishing 85 percent of voters are now following the controversy over the Islamic center, with 58 percent saying they are following the story “very closely.”
That’s trouble for the Democrats, as the number who oppose construction of the mosque is up to 62 percent. Once again, we see a sharp divide between what Scott Rasmussen calls “mainstream voters”–77 percent oppose the mosque–and Rasmussen’s “political class”–68 percent favor it.
To Democratic office-holders and candidates, the nationalizing of the debate over the mosque is one more headache they can chalk up to President Obama.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- A Primer on the "Government Shutdown"
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell