Sorting through the early results, I get the sense that the battle for the House is going about as advertised. The Republicans seem likely to enjoy a huge victory, though perhaps not the 70 seat pick-up I was beginning to consider realistic.
The Senate may be a minor disappointment. West Virginia is lost (as I expected) and the Dem is ahead in Pennsylvania (54-46 with 43 percent of the vote in) and Illinois (53-42 with 38 percent in), though in these states it’s all about where the early count is coming from. Who knows what will happen in the West?
BY THE WAY: Maybe it’s wrong to plug our advertisers, but I’m finding the Townhall election tracker quite user friendly — more so than the others I’ve checked out tonight.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell