With about 27 percent of the Alaska vote counted, “total write-in” has the lead in Alaska with 39 percent. Joe Miller is second with 34 percent. Democrat Scott McAdams is, thank goodness a distant third.
These figures are more or less in line with some of the poll numbers we reported. So maybe it’s not that difficult to poll a race with a serious write-in candidate.
Tabulating such a race is another matter. If “total write-in” comes in first, the write-in votes will have to be reviewed to see whether they should count as votes for Lisa Murkowski. Then the matter may have to be litigated.
UPDATE: Now, 40 percent of precincts have reported in Alaska. Total write-in still leads with 39 percent. Joe Miller is second with 35 percent.
I don’t whether the Eskimo and the “home school, fundamentalist home church, no home telephone” precincts are in yet, but I think I’ll call it a night.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell