The Canadian government has announced that Canada will not attend Durban III, the United Nations conference that purports to be about racism, because the event has negatively targeted Israel. In announcing the decision, immigration minister Jason Kenney explained that Canada has lost faith in the Durban process. “Canada is clearly committed to the fight against racism, but the Durban process commemorates an agenda that actually promotes racism rather than combats it,” said Kenney.
Canada led a boycott of Durban II in Geneva last year. It was there that Iranian President Ahmadinejad railed against Israel.
The U.S. should be standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Canada in boycotting Durban III. But unfortunately, our president drank for years at the same well that underlies the Durban phenomenon and its obsessive animus towards Israel.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Insane Left Hits Rock Bottom
- At the White House with Trump
- Judge blocks Trump's order on sanctuary cities
- Times Editorial Board Accuses Justice Gorsuch of Murder [with comment by Paul]
- 75 year-old vet acquitted of placing American flag at VA facility
- Former Official: Obama Administration Misled on Climate Change
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell