In its early years, the fabric roof of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome collapsed several times, leading to litigation in which I represented one of the parties. The people who operate the Dome eventually figured out how to clear snow off the roof during major storms, and it hasn’t collapsed for quite a while.
This video of the roof collapsing, filmed inside the Dome, is pretty impressive:
The Vikings game against the New York Giants which was scheduled for today is being moved to Detroit and will be played tomorrow. Too bad: it would have been fun to play the game today at TCF Bank Stadium with a foot or two of snow on the ground–sort of like the old days at the Met:
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell