The great Iowahawk tweets a funny but wildly overoptimistic take on events giving rise to the departure of Vivian Schiller from NPR: “Now that Schiller is gone, NPR can finally put to rest that smug urban white liberal douchebag stereotype.”
I say Iowahawk’s take is overoptimistic based on the letter featuring the signatures of 23 NPR hosts condemning Ron Schiller’s remarks: “Those comments have done real damage to NPR. But we’re confident that the culture of professionalism we have built, and the journalistic values we have upheld for the past four decades, will prevail.” Indeed.
Via Hot Air.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- U.N. warns that repealing Obamacare may be illegal
- Not at the White House with Trump
- The Insane Left Hits Rock Bottom
- Portlandia: City of the Petty, Bankrupt, Vindictive Left
- Former Official: Obama Administration Misled on Climate Change
- Freedom Caucus endorses revised Obamacare replacement proposal
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell