State Department spokesman P.J. Crowley has been erratic for a while, but he went too far when, at M.I.T. on Thursday, he called the Defense Department’s handling of Private Bradley Manning “ridiculous and counterproductive and stupid.” Today Crowley resigned from his State Department position.
Reflexive leftism is pretty common at State, and I suppose this was a classic gaffe, i.e., Crowley said what he actually believed. Still, it is hard to understand how Crowley could have thought it would be OK to slam the Defense Department. Isn’t the State Department supposed to be all about diplomacy? Isn’t it a bit weird that they can’t come up with a spokesman who is diplomatic enough not to insult the guys on his own side?
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Socialist Death Squads Rule Venezuela
- The Marches For Democrats, As Reported By Liberal Media
- Macron and Le Pen are one-two in France [UPDATED]
- Trump Administration to Follow Through On "Dumb Deal" Re Illegal Refugees
- The Associated Press Interviews President Trump
- Israel strikes pro-Assad militia in Syria
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell