Driving to church this morning, I crossed over the Minnesota River. A bald eagle flew across my path, less than 50 yards in front of me and maybe 50 feet in the air. It had a pretty large stick in its mouth, presumably working on a nest. That’s great, as long as it doesn’t build the nest on my deck.
Bald eagles are relatively common these days, but it still makes your heart stop for a moment when one flies right in front of you. A happy choice for our national symbol.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Insane Left Hits Rock Bottom
- At the White House with Trump
- Judge blocks Trump's order on sanctuary cities
- Times Editorial Board Accuses Justice Gorsuch of Murder [with comment by Paul]
- 75 year-old vet acquitted of placing American flag at VA facility
- Dave Begley: Live from Omaha, it's Scott Walker
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell