Some creative individual or group is going to win $100,000 by effectively dramatizing the scope and seriousness of our federal debt crisis. The Power Line Prize will be awarded shortly after the contest closes at midnight on July 15. For all of the details, go here. If (like me) you are not a creative person yourself, tell your creative friends about the prize. Someone is going to win it, so it might as well be you, or someone you know.
When we launched the contest, I assumed that we wouldn’t get any entries at all until the last 72 hours before the deadline. As it happens, however, lots of contestants are finishing their entries early. In the last 24 hours we have received five, including two songs, another painting, and a 91-page screenplay. At this point, it seems likely that the contest will achieve its objective of generating an outpouring of creative effort that will help sway voters to understand the depth of our fiscal crisis. Anything our readers can do to help spread the word will be welcome!
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- Durham D.A. admits ideology will influence his prosecutorial discretion
- The media can't help but help Trump
- New York Times Applauds Far-Left Violence
- Munchin' on Mnuchin
- Google Teaming With Left-Wing Groups to Drive Conservatives Off the Internet?
- U.S. Civil Rights Commission wants no enemies on the left
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell