Voters apparently have learned their lesson following the failure of President Obama’s original stimulus package. Scott Rasmussen finds that only 22% of Americans favor the latest piece of Stimulus II, which would send $35 billion to state and local governments to support their payrolls. (64% say those governments should cut spending instead.) Such budgetary assistance was the main thrust of the original stimulus bill. At this point, there evidently are not many private sector workers who believe that the public sector should be bailed out and made immune from the hard times that everyone else is experiencing.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- The Week in Pictures: Toxic Democrats Edition
- Kamala Harris goes silent when confronted with true sex-based oppression
- An epidemic of lawlessness
- Charles Grassley: Chuck Schumer lied about Russia investigation
- Dems Say: Stop Obsessing On Russia!
- The AP Runs Interference for Comey and Mueller [with comment by Paul]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell