If you have ever wondered what would happen in a society consisting entirely of liberals, the Occupier movement is providing the answer: devolution. It is almost impossible to keep up with the downward spiral, but here are some of the highlights of the last 24 hours:
* In Portland, an Occupier was arrested for throwing a Molotov cocktail down the stairwell of a building.
* In London, employees of St. Paul’s Cathedral have had to clean up human waste left by Occupiers inside the cathedral. (What is it with the Occupiers and toilet issues?)
* In Portland, another drug overdose.
* In Vermont, a man was shot to death at the Occupy Burlington encampment.
* At Occupy San Diego, a citizen journalist was violently assaulted.
* In Atlanta, tuberculosis has broken out among the Occupiers.
* In Salt Lake City, four were arrested after a melee broke out in the Occupy encampment.
* In San Francisco, police expressed concern about escalating violence among the Occupiers, following incidents including gun possession, assault on a city worker and trespassing on the new holiday ice rink.
And this is just a smattering of today’s headlines! The Occupiers are conducting a sort of experiment in the viability of left-wing ideas, and the results aren’t pretty.
Notice: All comments are subject to moderation. Our comments are intended to be a forum for civil discourse bearing on the subject under discussion. Commenters who stray beyond the bounds of civility or employ what we deem gratuitous vulgarity in a comment — including, but not limited to, “s***,” “f***,” “a*******,” or one of their many variants — will be banned without further notice in the sole discretion of the site moderator.