The Wall Street Journal’s Notable and Quotable highlights an excerpt from the August 10 press release by Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal’s campaign for the Republican presidential nomination. Governor Jindal entertains as he instructs:
• I realize that the best way to make news is to mention Donald Trump. That’s the gold standard for making news these days. So, I’ve decided to randomly put his name into my remarks at various points, thereby ensuring that the news media will cover what I have to say.
• But while the media is glued to everything Donald Trump says and hoping for Republican on Republican attacks, there is a soap opera happening on the Democrat side that needs more attention.
• Since the press is not covering it much, I’m providing you with a report from the Democrat primary:
• The Democrat candidate in first place is under investigation by the FBI.
• The Democrat candidate in second place calls himself a socialist . . . which by the way means he is more honest than the candidate in first place.
• The Democrat candidate in third place claims that ISIS was caused by climate change, and he apologized for saying that “all lives matter.”
• The Democrat candidate in fourth place thinks that America should be using the Metric System.
• And this list doesn’t even include Joe Biden. I hope Biden gets into the race, we need some of his bizarre comments, we don’t have enough of that already.
• Let’s tell the truth here—this crop of Democrat candidates is terribly weak. It’s a joke. It’s a complete disaster for the Democrat Party.
• Also . . . did I mention Donald Trump?
In the video below, Governor Jindal delivers the goods to an audience in Marion, Iowa.