Last fall we watched with dismay as Senate Democrats on the Judiciary Committee did a number on Miguel Estrada, President Bush’s outstanding nominee to the United States Court of Appeals. Now, the Washington Post, which called Estrada’s confirmation an easy decision, reports that the Judiciary Committee has approved Estrada’s nomination by 10-9 vote on pure party lines. The nomination will go to the full Senate, where Democrats will continue their smear campaign. What is Estrada’s sin? As Senator Schumer explains it in the Post article, Estrada hasn’t provided enough information to validate Democratic suspicions that he is “outside of the mainstream.”
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell