Commentators on several networks have started pointing fingers at Bush Adminsitration “officials” who predicted that the going in Iraq would be easy. Putting aside the fact that these predictions cannot yet said to be erroneous, the individuals accused of making them are not Administration officials. One is Ken Adelman who apparently used the term “cakewalk” in an article written more than a year ago. To my knowledge, Adelman holds no position in the Adminstration. The other — Richard Perle — sits on (and until recently chaired) a committee that advises the Defense Department. Attempts to attribute these predictions to the Bush Administration would be funny were they not so vicious.
Most Read on Power Line
- Best. Supreme Court. Brief. Ever.
- More Proof That Liberals Are Humorless Losers
- As Obama Delays Obamacare Again, Julie Boonstra Strikes Back
- Dirty Harry Reid Goes Around the Bend
- Obama Delivers Dead-On-Arrival Budget, Lies About It
- Poll contains good news and bad news for Democrats [With Comment on Hillary By John]
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell