Of all the nauseating aspects of the Democratic presidential sweepstakes, perhaps the worst is the spectacle of Al Sharpton being treated as a respectable personage, instead of the race-baiting demagogue he is. Check out this history lesson from Jeff Jacoby and then ask yourself whether a Republican candidate with these sorts of racist credentials would be hosting Saturday Night Live. As Jacoby says, the esteem that the other Democrats in the field accord Sharpton is a moral and political disgrace. It also helps explain why Democrats are increasingly unable to obtain the votes of mainstream (not just Confederate flag-displaying) white voters under the age of 65.
- Subscribe now!... Get rid of ADs!Support Power Line...VIP MembershipPresentsPower Line
Most Read on Power Line
- House committee document could mean trouble for anti-Trump "deep statists"
- Bombshell: Simpson Admits Fusion GPS Went to the Press to Salvage Hillary's Campaign
- The Week in Pictures: Pod People Edition
- Schumer Flees From Tom Cotton
- White House issues tough statement on "Schumer Shutdown"
- Minnesota woman strikes St. Kate's
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell