I’m no fan of the Republican Medicare prescription drug bill, but this rant by E.J. Dionne brought a smile to my face. It seems that the Republicans broke the rules by sticking together and supporting the president. They are on an “ideological march” (Hillary Clinton’s phrase) that manifests itself in enacting new bank-breaking entitlements. The Democrats lack such cohesion, according to Dionne. Maybe the party strongmen used up too many chips forcing their colleagues to prevent Bush’s judicial nominees from getting a vote.
UPDATE: Dionne’s piece brought more than a smile to Hugh Hewitt; he found the piece to be a “side-splitter.” Hugh points out that the shrill and absurd pronouncements of Ms. Clinton, Barney Frank, and Dionne himself can mean only one thing — the Democrats are losing and panic has set in.
The Power Line Picks
Most Read on Power Line
- Thoughts on the Ritual Now Taking Place in Ferguson, Missouri
- This Is Who Texas Democrats Are Defending
- Report: More than a dozen witnesses say Brown attacked officer [UPDATED]
- Was David Gregory fired for being "pro-Israel"?
- Breaking: Nuclear Sabotage in Europe?
- A window opens onto the left-wing mind
Subscribe to Power Line by Email
Find us on Facebook
“Arise and take our stand for freedom as in the olden time.” Winston Churchill
“Proclaim Liberty throughout All the land unto All the Inhabitants Thereof.” Inscription on the Liberty Bell